White Wood

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Chair Planter

I must say this is one of my favorite projects yet!  I found a chair at Goodwill awhile back.  I wasn't quite sure what to do with it and while it was generally in good shape it was a tad wobbly.  So when I found a tutorial for a DIY chair planter I knew it was the perfect fit for this chair!  It's fun and easy and if you're looking for a fun cute planter - you can do it easily too!  Here is the before...


Once again I forgot about a before picture before I started my project.  I remembered a bit into priming the piece.  After priming, I coated it with Behr Sweet Rhapsody paint (the same color that is inside the Secretary Desk).  Once it dried thoroughly I distressed it lightly and then coated it with Rustoleum Spray Paint Clear Protective Coating.  The man at Home Depot said it was a good option because it would protect against the elements - including UV damage.  Once that was dried I stapled in a chicken wire support into the missing middle portion of the chair.  Once it was in their nice and sturdy I inserted the coconut planter liner.


And it was time to plant!  I purchased my flowers from The Pure Gardner in downtown Geneva.  I love their location, friendly service, and beautiful flowers :).




I hope you enjoyed this mini-tutorial/post.  This was my first attempt at explaining how I did something - and may not have been the best.  If you want further explanation feel free to comment or shoot me an e-mail at whitewoodsvintage@gmail.com.  Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment